Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Peter says hello!



Mindshare Singapore’s MD, Peter Diermayr, is confident 2010 will be the year of the full service model.

Diermayr has hit the ground running literally since taking on the MD role, as many clients and staff can account for. He has met a lot of senior clients, yet he wished there are 36 hours in a day so he can cover more grounds. Alas, he knows there are many exciting days ahead to meet even more clients, and relish the challenges and opportunities their businesses present.

‘I’ve never shaken so many hands in such a short time before. But I am enjoying the warm reception from all the clients, and my new colleagues as well,’ Diermayr muses.

He continues, ‘I am confident we have the most comprehensive marketing services, beyond media offerings, that our clients will find helpful to their business challenges. I have seen how 2009 has transformed our vision to be our clients’ lead business partner into the realization that Mindshare has the appropriate insights and talents to help clients to leverage on the opportunities from the recovery taking shape in 2010. Which explains why Mindshare is ranked by Fast Company as the top 10 most innovative marketing companies recently.’

Diermayr, who has been a Client Leader in the Mindshare Asia-Pacific regional team since 2008, will be responsible for maintaining the agency's leadership position in the market and for rolling out new services for clients, especially in the areas of digital, content, activation and analytics.

With regards to the Singapore team he has inherited, he proudly announces, ' I am honoured to serve a great agency with award-winning teams who are well-respected by industry peers and clients. It has been 2 months since I took on the role, and I can see now why the Singapore office sets the benchmark for the industry. I have met a lot of senior clients since and have noted their ambitions,' says Diermayr, an avid ice hockey player.

He says, 'Thank you to those who have set aside time from their busy schedules to give me the low-down of their sectors. I can sense their eagerness to leverage on Mindshare’s diverse range of services to achieve those ambitions.'

On his plans in the next months, he says' 'I hope to continue my roadshow in the next couple of months to meet clients whom I have yet to meet. Thereafter I would like to work with my colleagues to map out business-driven strategies for our clients to ride the recovery wave of 2010.'

'I also would like to take this opportunity to thank the senior Exco members who have helped me ease into the role, and for their support as we remodel our business structure and chart growth strategies for our people, company and clients,' he adds.

Finally, with regards to what clients should look forward to in 2010, he says, 'I would like to end by saying digital is not the future anymore, it is the present, co-existing with offline media. Insights are the fuel to identify market drivers, issues and opportunities for our clients’ businesses. Invention is where we add a new dimension to contact planning, by augmenting contact points with compelling content, services and applications that capture the attention of our clients’ customers – essentially creating the ideal customer journey.'

'To borrow a Steve Jobs’ quote, innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. Here’s to a year of innovations for everyone!' quips Diermayr.

No comments: